Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Is Ministry a Gift or a Possession

"What's your ministry?"
"How long have you been in this ministry?"
"You running all by yourself?"
"Don't you have raise people to run the ministry?"

Often hear the above questions?
I have been ministry for more than 10 years. I have seen ministers (that includes myself) trying to run everything.
For some their ministries are untouchable and really untouchable. No one can involved and no one can take over.
Many do not want to be moved into another or new area of ministry or responsibilities... it is the saying, "Don't rock my steady boat!"
You can hear the silent yet loud voices of protest.

What are the possible excuses?

I have always with the kids.
I have always with the youths.
I know nothing about business people.
Caring for the old folks is not my gifting.
I'm not a "D" or a "C" person.
God never called me to be in this ministry... but only this ministry.

Has our ministry or ministries has/have possessed us? or we have possessed it/them?

The truth is all ministry is a gift!
We are stewards of it/them.
A trust given to us for that period of time!
It is not your private possession.

Application:
What is your posture towards ministry?

No comments: